Addiction is no laughing matter as it impacts millions of families and individuals alike around the world each day. Compulsive alcohol and drug use, gambling, sex, and even shopping can all lead to serious addictions with life-altering consequences. If you are struggling with drug use in addition to gambling, you may find it difficult to commit to a rehabilitation program.
However, finding the right drug rehab treatment program can also help with your gambling problem simultaneously. With the right drug rehab treatment program, learn how to regain control of your life and eliminate your gambling habit for a healthier and more productive lifestyle.
The Link Between Gambling and Drug Addiction
Gambling is impulsive and triggers the brain’s dopamine system with short-term goals and rewards. Similarly, individuals with addictions to drugs and alcohol build tolerance over time, requiring a higher dosage and frequency in usage in order to achieve satisfaction. Individuals who are prone to drug and alcohol addictions are likely to also have other potential addictions, such as gambling.
While gambling, similarly to alcohol, can be rewarding in the short-term, it often results in long-term negative consequences. Individuals with serious addictions of any kind are at risk of damaging relationships, losing their jobs, and even losing all of their assets, including homes and cars.
How a Drug Treatment Program Can Help Your Gambling Problem
A drug treatment program is not only ideal to overcome an addiction to alcohol or drugs, but it can also help individuals hone in on their impulses to regain control over the trajectory of their life. For individuals who are battling more than one addiction, such as gambling, an inpatient drug treatment center is likely the best route to take.
An inpatient drug treatment center is optimal for anyone who is not only looking to live a drug-free life but for individuals who also want to stop gambling and taking impulsive risks altogether. Inpatient drug treatment centers provide a healthy environment with strict zero-tolerance policies in place, prohibiting illegal activity or the possessions of drugs, alcohol, and prescription medications. Minimizing temptation and outside influence is a great way to reprogram the mind to avoid gambling and giving in to bad habits.
Comparing Types of Drug Treatment Programs
There are multiple types of drug treatment programs. The most familiar types of rehabilitation programs available include:
- Inpatient Rehab Facilities: Inpatient treatment facilities require individuals to live within the center while completing their program. 30, 60, and 90-day programs are typically offered, although programs may be extended depending on the needs of the individual.
- Outpatient Programs: Outpatient programs typically consist of meetings or gatherings in designated areas on a regular basis. Counseling, group therapy, and sponsor meetings are all available with outpatient programs
- Intensive Outpatient Programs: Intensive outpatient programs, or IOPs, are outpatient programs that offer inpatient services. Some intensive outpatient programs may offer case managers, dual diagnosis, and even detox programs for individuals who have life-threatening addictions.
While there are plenty of drug rehabilitation resources available, not all programs are suitable for individuals who are also seeking rehabilitation for a gambling problem.
Benefits of a Drug Treatment Program
Choosing a drug treatment program that is right for both a drug and gambling addiction is extremely beneficial for long-term sobriety. When you want to maximize the benefits you receive from a drug treatment program, consider an inpatient rehabilitation center or facility. Some of the benefits that come with choosing an inpatient drug treatment center for your drug and gambling recovery include:
- Individualized Care: Work with a case manager to find the right treatment plan for your needs,
- Counseling: An addiction counselor is available for counseling sessions to cope with your newfound sobriety.
- Therapy: Spend time with others who are working on their sobriety in group therapy sessions.
- Medical Advice: Take advantage of guidance from medical professionals who specialize in addiction and addiction recovery. Whether you require medication or medically-monitored detoxing, medical professionals are readily available with most inpatient treatment facilities and programs offered today.
Are you ready to take control of your life by eliminating your drug and gambling addictions? Do you want to live without feeling constant pressure? Let us help. Our counselors are available 24 hours a day and are waiting to take your call. Call 800-411-8019 to learn how our drug treatment programs can also help you to simultaneously combat your gambling problem today.